BANYA No.1 COVID-19 POLICY
Here at Banya No.1 your health and safety has always been our top priority.
We always follow H&S protocols for disinfection and disease prevention but during the current situation, we understand the anxiety level is higher than ever.
Making sure we are taking all measures possible to protect you and our staff, while you are in banya, we want to take a moment to inform you of some extra measures we are undertaking after our re-opening.
- We have reduced the number of bookings and limited number of guests in each time slot to avoid the overcrowding and enlarge the safety distance between people
- Booking slots are staggered to make sure guests do not meet other guests in Reception and changing rooms
- We added 15 minutes before and after your 3-hours slots to give our team time to sanitize the spa after each session
- We have reviewed our service menu and removed any treatments that we feel may be unsafe at this time
- We have agreed social distancing for our team in communal staff areas
- We rearranged our layout in terms of optimising Social Distancing between clients and staff members
Bookings and payments
- We will not be accepting walk-ins, only online or phone bookings will be available
- Online Client form and questionnaire will include additional appropriate health questions and should be completed ahead of arriving
- We would ask you to make card payments only (where it is possible) or online payment options in advance
- Waiting areas are arranged to adhere to social distancing, however we would ask our guests to only arrive in time just before their appointment to avoid crowding
- We will greet you warmly but with no close contact (no handshakes, hugs, etc…)
- There is a new wellness and sanitation “check-in” procedure, that may include temperature check on arrival (for both staff and guests)
- Upon arrival our team will let you know about our hygiene facilities that are on hand throughout your visit. You will be asked to wash your hands in our bathroom — please wash with soap and water
During your visit
- Rubber flip-flops and single use banya hats will be required and offered to all our guests
- We would ask our guests to have a shower before using the facilities
- We would ask you to place used towels in the baskets and tissues in the trash straight after use.
- There will be no in-house reading material or table games available
- A screen is installed at the reception
- We provide the best possible levels of ventilation. Where possible the doors are kept open to allow for air to circulate
- For the safety of both guests and staff, therapists follow the guidelines before, during and after services to reduce exposure to germs and minimize the spread of communicable diseases.
- All team members are trained to care for our customers in a safe, hygienic and professional manner
- We use personal protective equipment during services, including disposable gloves, disposable gowns and facemasks
- PPE is replaced after every client
- We use only disposable sheets for each guest individually
- Every surface is cleaned regularly and wiped with the appropriate sanitiser between each appointment
- All items of equipment are disinfected before and after every treatment
- Our therapists are washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water before and after the treatment
- To protect our guests, we have taken even further steps. Throughout the day (while wearing single-use gloves and with an approved disinfectants) our team members are sanitizing:
- Front desk and seating area, credit card machines and door handles
- Kitchen and lounge area surfaces, tables and seats
- Bathrooms and changing rooms including guest lockers
- Treatment rooms including equipment, benches and surfaces in a wet area
- Treating kitchen area with UVC sanitation lamps on rotation
- After each group Germ Cide X UV lamp is used to disinfect all surfaces
- Ozone gas (lamp) as an effective disinfectant to be used for 15 minutes only twice a day.
- Staff have been briefed not to attend the spa if they have a temperature, or are feeling unwell or if any person in their household is unwell or is self-isolating. Staff temperature is checked at the start of the day
At the same time, we would kindly ask you to postpone and rebook your appointment if:
- You or someone you live with (or have come in close contact with) have symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or high temperature.
- You or someone you live with have recently travelled to high infected areas in the last month
- If you are feeling unwell
These steps along with your personal cautiousness will help Banya No.1 to play our part in keeping our community health and safety.
We look forward to seeing you at our spa again.
We are happy to discuss any of your individual concerns, please feel free to call reception or speak with a member of the team.
We reserve the right to amend or adjust these guidelines based on government policy and new research to protect the safety of all our staff and clients.