Icy Plunge Pool
After a fabulous Parenie treatment, there is nothing better than having some fun by diving into our icy-cold plunge pool.
The plunge pool is a chilling 7-10°C which counteracts the heat of the steam room.
The benefits of ice bath:
– When you plunge into the icy-cold pool, the sudden drop in temperature instantly causes your blood vessels to constrict. This slows down your blood flow which in turn helps to alleviate swelling and inflammation and reduce muscle soreness and tenderness.
– The cold water in the pool leads to an increased level of glutathione, an antioxidant that helps to prevent cell inflammation and damage that can make you feel unwell.
– Diving into the icy water causes the release of endorphins which interact with the receptors in your brain; by acting as an analgesic, they help to relieve any pain and discomfort in your body.
– The endorphins can also trigger positive emotions, alleviate symptoms of anxiety, and significantly improve your mood and in turn your quality of life.
– The cold water activates the release of proteins known as cytokines that are crucial in controlling your immune system and blood cells. Cytokines help to improve the body’s response to inflammation, fight off harmful bacteria and viruses, and strengthen the immune system.