Mors is a traditional, refreshing and non-carbonated soft drink prepared using a variety of berries such as cherries, currants, lingonberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and more. Cranberry mors is the most popular flavour and this is the one we mix at Banya No.1 using organic berries.
The first mention of mors dates back to the 16th century in a Russian book called “Domostroy”, a set of household rules and behaviours. Interestingly, the recipe for mors is still the same today as it was then.
For many Russians, mors remains one of their favourite drinks. It rejuvenates, quenches thirst and provides a multitude of vitamins and minerals. This is especially true at Banya No.1 as our cranberry mors is rich in calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, potassium, and vitamins C, P and B.
In fact, the healing effects of cranberry mors have been scientifically proven:
• It helps prevent colds as cranberries have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
• It reduces cholesterol levels.
• It boosts immunity by saturating the body with vitamins.
• It normalizes hormonal levels due to its potassium compound.
• It has a detoxifying effect and eliminates toxins.
• The antioxidants in the cranberries help to regenerate skin cells and promote overall rejuvenation and healing.
The next time you visit Banya No.1, be sure to try our Russian mors, a unique, refreshing and rejuvenating drink.
Check out our full food menu ere…