Maslenitsa, Russian pancake week, normally takes place at the end of February or the beginning of March. For this reason, this celebration is often associated with saying farewell to winter and welcoming spring. During this week, people cook pancakes that resemble the sun as a sign of the upcoming spring. Pancakes with red caviar are the favourite kind and are considered to be the most nutritious, and for good reason, as salmon caviar has a high concentration of essential nutrients which helps to keep your electrolytes in balance.
Red caviar is rich in vitamins A, B, C, D and E, various minerals such as sodium, calcium, zinc, iron, sulphur and phosphorus, and omega-3 fatty acids. All these nutrients have been proven to be beneficial to health improvement:
– Salmon roe is rich in vitamin D, a very important vitamin for the immune system as it helps reduce the risk of infection and promotes general well-being.
– The omega-3 in red caviar reduces the risk of cancer and helps protect against strokes and heart attacks. The fatty acids also improve bone and joint health, the cardiovascular system, eye health, and brain function.
– The high haemoglobin content in caviar allows the body to quickly recover and replenish after a cold winter.
– As the richest source of vitamin B12, red caviar is beneficial for the development and function of the central nervous system, healthy red blood cell formation and DNA synthesis.
– Astaxanthin is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants. Its properties are great for the skin as they boost UV protection and resistance, reduce age spots, smooth wrinkles, and restore moisture. This antioxidant also increases endurance and boosts the physical performance of the body.
– Caviar also contains amino acids such as arginine, methionine, lysine, histidine and isoleucine, which help to reduce the risk of depression.
It is therefore clear to see that caviar has an abundance of nutrients and minerals that can provide you with a number of potential health benefits. Make sure you don’t miss out on this ideal opportunity to try our traditional pancakes with red caviar … you will be improving your health while at the same time celebrating Russian Maslenitsa!
You can find Russian pancakes with caviar in our menu. Enjoy the tea in our cosy rest area during your Banya session.